An Interview by Piers Cross on: An Evolving Man Podcast with guests Suzanne Fageol and Craig Weiner
AEM Podcast #51: Craig Weiner & Suzanne Fageol: Trauma, Energy Psychology, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) & Matrix Reimprinting
Piers is an author and a men’s transformational coach and therapist who works mainly with trauma, boarding school issues, addictions and relationship problems. He also runs online men’s groups for ex-boarders, retreats and a podcast called An Evolving Man. He is also the author of How to Survive and Thrive in Challenging Times. The podcast can also be found on iTunes as well.
In this interview we explore the following inquiries:
- I would love for you to begin by sharing how you both got into the work that you now do.
- What is trauma? What are the symptoms of trauma? How might trauma show up in adults?
- How might trauma affect those around them? What if these people were in positions of influence?
- What are some of the beliefs and patterns that are common in people who have been through trauma?
- What is EFT and Matrix Reimprinting? What is the science behind EFT and Matrix Reimprinting? How does it work and why is it effective in the healing of trauma?
- Other topics explored include:
- Social anxiety – when being with others does not feel safe
- Healing trauma triggers and trauma responses
- Sabotaging our healing and secondary gains
- Dissociation. Why does it happen in trauma?
- The neuroscience of trauma
Suzanne Fageol has been educating those in the helping professions about working with people with trauma and stress for the past 10 years and has been an educator of somatic practices and the neuroscience of trauma for over 10 years.
Dr Craig Weiner has spent over 35 year working in the healthcare field. He is a certified and accredited advanced practitioner and EFT master trainer of trainers. He is also a trainer of Matrix Reimprinting, co director of the EFT Tapping Training Institute and co director of the Tapping out of Trauma continuing education training. He is the co-producer and director of the film, the Science of Tapping. He is a popular lecturer and podcast guest and together with his wife and partner Alina Frank are the creators of the podcast, EFT Nation. He is profoundly interested in the underlying emotional and physical connections that stem from adversity and trauma as well as the facilitation of the transformation of trauma to post-resilience and post traumatic growth. More information can be found at EFTtappingtraining.com