This article is based upon the information from a recent EFT Mastering Business Acumen (MBA) radio show designed to help you “mini-max” your time and energy around your EFT (or any type really) business practice. These 10 Tips for Boosting Productivity and Escaping Distractions provided are based upon our mentoring of coaches and practitioners from our EFT MBA 6 month Success Coaching Program.
1. Get Focused! Your business can be an endless stream of incoming information and things to do, now more than ever. A streamlined focus is your number one distraction detractor. What are ways that you streamline what information you remain open to and what tasks you take on, regarding your EFT business depends primarily upon your Business Niche? If you have not found way to specialize, then you are being all EFT to anyone and everyone. How will you ever stand out that way with thousands of tapping coaches on the web? It also means that your attention will be drawn to any and all newsletters, posts, blogs and videos that are of any interest to you. That’s a wonderful to learn an assortment of things but the wrong way to stay focused on your business goals. An additional but key step is developing your business practice’s Mission Statement. Just what is the vision for your EFT practice and what do you hope to achieve and why? This will help you in staying tuned in, especially when your mission statement really makes you feel excited and passionate!
2. Have a Plan, especially a MARKETING PLAN, complete with the key components of understanding the relationship Marketing Funnel. By developing a map in advance to guide your energy, time, focus, frequency and budget, you will much more easily be able to say “YES” to certain uses of your time and “NO” to others that fall within or outside the perimeter of your target area. Knowing for example that the best way to create clients or engaged potential clients is by bringing them to your website offers you a prioritization of where energy needs to go first before i.e. getting sucked into long hours of social media posting that get you no clear results.
3. Get Some Help! YOU of all people know the value of having a coach, especially a Tapping Coach who will give you valuable tapping tips. So when was the last time you used yours? If you are not modeling and living authentically what you are preaching, then don’t expect clients to do so either. In addition, create your circle of affordable masterful resources for that which distracts you from your focus! There are plenty of fabulous and affordable virtual assistants, logo designers, web designers who can do what you are trying to do better, more efficiently and will help you keep your focus and the money you spend will be doubled in the time and energy you retain.
4. Have a daily/weekly schedule that works for you and keep to it. Explore what amount of hours and sleep really work best for you in a day. Find out just what are your most creative and productive times and schedule your work with that in mind. Schedule time for writing just as you would a client.
5. Minimize Distractions: If you know that it is difficult to have a few focused hours for completing an important project (think writing a newsletter, creating a video, whatever) then turn your phone off during that period. While working at your computer, try turning off all of your email/incoming posts sounds. This may seem like a small distraction, but 20-100 beeps per day keeps you in erratic un-focused state that easily can divert your attention and break your creative focus.
6. Live by the Two Minute Rule: The moment you realize you have to do something that captures your attention (like when you receive an email you have to act upon or a call you need to make), if it will take you less than two minutes, go ahead and do it. If you honestly know that it will likely take more than two minutes, schedule completing it at a later time.
7. Eat the Frog First! Figure out what tasks you are putting off and Tap On it. Procrastination is always fear. So look at the resistance in the face and see why you are resisting handling it right now. If you don’t know, start tapping on “Even though I don’t know why I am putting this off.”
8. Find Creative Breaks: An endless array of checklist items is limited in effectiveness for creating a thriving EFT practice and business. Remember to take Micro-Breaks (less than one minute to stop and close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, choose randomly from a source of inspirational quotes) at least every hour or so. Support yourself in scheduling a 5 minute Macro-Break at least every 2 hours to step outside, stretch, sit on your gym ball, get up to get a snack, etc. Taking short breaks helps productivity. Breaks prevent you from becoming fatigued and tired, and they help you slow down, step back from your work, reflect, and come up with better ideas
9. The 3 Outcome Start to Your Day: Before you begin your work day, make a list of 3 outcomes you wish to have occur by the end of the day. Not to-do items; outcomes. This is a terrific and easy to implement productivity rituals. Define three results or outcomes you want to collaborate with the Universe to have happen today. These are results you want to get done.
10. Beam Me Up! Find one activity that gives you more energy, and schedule it: Whether it’s a run, a walk on the beach, playing with your dog, catching some sunshine, blasting some music and dancing, snuggling…these Life Giving activities are nourishing and need to be as important to your schedule as your appointments and work tasks, o go ahead, schedule them…now!
Tapping these Top Ten Productivity Tips is brought to you courtesy of EFT Mastering Business Acumen. The source for Creating Thriving and Successful EFT Practices with Alina Frank and Dr Craig Weiner of EFT Tapping Training.