Thank you for participating in the Matrix Reimprinting Workshop (the “Workshop”), including Matrix Reimprinting for Specific Issues, whichever is applicable, operated by Tap Your Power, LLC, doing business as, EFT Tapping Training Institute (the “Institute”) and facilitated by Alina Frank and Craig Weiner (the “Facilitators”). This Participation & Release of Liability Agreement (“Agreement”) contains important information the Institute needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Workshop, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The information presented during the Workshop, including ideas, suggestions, techniques, training, exercises, instructions, power point slides, handouts, and other materials (collectively, the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice. In addition to offering the Workshop to the general public, you understand the Workshop is also part of the required curriculum for the Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner Certification Program. You understand and agree that you may not represent yourself as a certified Matrix until you have successfully completed the Matrix Reimprinting program.
2. By participating in the Workshop, you understand you will be learning about and using an innovative energy technique based on the newly emerging field of energy psychology called Matrix Reimprinting or MR. The prevailing premise of MR is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, mental, and emotional health, and for fostering well-being. MR looks at and seeks to address stressors and imbalances within an individual’s energy system, as well as the energetic impact of how thoughts, beliefs, and emotions can influence the health and well-being of an individual. MR uses the ancient Chinese meridian system to balance the energy system with a gentle tapping procedure which stimulates designated meridian end points on the face and body while focusing on issues of emotional intensity in order to release the intensity and reframe the issues. Please be advised MR has several applications, including use as a self-help tool, a coaching method, and as a therapeutic technique for licensed health care professionals. If you choose to use MR in a professional setting, you agree to only use MR within your legally defined scope of practice. If you have questions or concerns about MR, please feel free to ask the Facilitators for further resources or references.
3. Although MR appears to have promising physical, mental, and emotional health benefits and there is a growing amount of valid scientific research indicating that MR meets the criteria to be considered an evidence-based technique, MR has yet to be fully accepted by the mainstream Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Therefore, MR is currently not officially identified as an evidence-based technique and may be considered experimental. MR is self-regulated and considered an alternative or complementary method in the United States. Since MR is a relatively new healing approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using MR and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Workshop. Further, you agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
4. You understand the Workshop is experiential in nature and is not to be considered treatment for any physical, emotional, or mental disorder nor is the Workshop a substitute for medical or psychological diagnosis or treatment. You agree to consult with your health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological issues. In addition, you understand that any information shared during the Workshop is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional, even if after using MR it appears and indicates that such medication or therapy is unnecessary.
5. Please be advised by participating in the Workshop, it’s possible to experience some physical discomfort or emotional distress that can be perceived as negative. It’s also possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort related to stressful or overwhelming experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to ask for help from the Facilitators should your participation in the Workshop inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you and to seek professional help, if appropriate. In addition, if you voluntarily choose to participate in any MR demonstrations, you understand that physical touch may be applied. If you have any misgivings, doubts, or any negative reactions to any physical contact it is important that you let the Facilitators know so that your choice not to have physical contact can be honored.
6. Any information, stories, examples, or testimonials presented during the Workshop do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using MR for any particular purpose or issue. Further, you understand the Institute makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you using MR during or after the Workshop for any particular purpose or issue. Due to the fact that the Workshop includes group processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Workshop with you.
7. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Facilitators either during or separate from the Workshop is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Workshop is not intended to create nor does it establish a client-practitioner or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Facilitators and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. While the Facilitators have extensive experience as MR practitioners and trainers, they are not physicians or licensed mental health care practitioners.
8. The Materials presented during the Workshop and any other content made available during the Workshop are owned by the Institute and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post on Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials or any other content presented in the Workshop.
9. You agree and understand the Workshop at times may include demonstrations that may be recorded, filmed, or videotaped and that the Institute shall have all rights in and to such recording, film, or videotape, including the copyright therein. While you are under no obligation, if you volunteer to participate in any recorded, filmed, or videotaped demonstration, you grant the Institute the right without compensation to you to film, photograph and/or record you while participating in the demonstration and you waive any and all rights which you now have or may have hereafter in any such recording, film, or videotape.
10. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of this Agreement, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
11. You understand that your participation in the Workshop is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent that you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Workshop and that that you have been given the opportunity to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Agreement. Further, you represent that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns.
By registering and participating in the Workshop you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement, and you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated herein. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs, legal representative(s), and assigns agree to forever, fully release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, the Institute its owners, members, staff members, Workshop faculty, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, volunteers, and others associated with the Institute from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Workshop.
© 2018 Midge Murphy, all rights reserved. Any unauthorized use of this Participation & Release of Liability Agreement other than by Tap Your Power, LLC is prohibited by Federal Copyright law. No part of this document may be used without permission in writing from Midge Murphy. www.midgemurphy.com