Why Get Certified in EFT?
Get Certified through EFT Tapping Training Institute with accreditation through AAMET (Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques)
Millions of people are hearing about EFT and Tapping around the world. Television news programs, popular media on radio and internet continue to extol its growing popularity. People are looking and researching sources to find reputable practitioners to assist them for innumerable reasons. EFT is considered to be an evidence-supported method that continues to grow in its acceptance, and people who are seeking practitioners are looking for the highest quality, most credible, best trained practitioners, so certification becomes ever more important as a mark of excellence.
If you are looking to be an EFT practitioner and to work professionally with individuals in private practice, it behooves you to consider enrolling in a reputable certification program. Many define the current state of the practice of EFT in the United States as the "wild, wild, West". This is because the practice of EFT is unregulated and anyone can claim the title "EFT/Tapping practitioner."" Since it is not possible in the United States to become licensed as an EFT practitioner, the smartest choice is to become a certified practitioner. Certification helps the practitioner demonstrate a level of skill, competency and professionalism that is respected and meets the highest standards that currently exist. With increasing oversight of the field, the importance of certification is sure to only increase.
Why Get Certified and Accredited through the EFT Tapping Training Institute?
The directors of the EFT Tapping Training Institute are Craig Weiner, DC and Alina Frank. They have years of experience as teachers/trainers/mentors in EFT and have been awarded the status of Master Trainer of Trainers by the accrediting organization EFT International (aka AAMET). They hold the highest ethical standards, integrate the most current research into their training and provide extensive support to those in the certification program. They teach and train hundreds of practitioners each year in the U.S., Canada, Australia and Europe. They have been singled out and recommended in Practice EFT/Tapping in Integrity; Ethics, Legal Issues & Risk Management Strategies for EFT/Tapping Practitioners, by Midge Murphy PhD, JD when she offers "I can attest that they (Craig Weiner and Alina Frank) meet the criteria for providing a legitimate and professional EFT practitioner certification program."
Certification begins with 3 days of live in-person classroom instruction taught by Master EFT Trainers (Alina Frank, Craig Weiner or in tandem) regarding the techniques and skills required to be a certified practitioner. This is followed by an extensive process of individual and small group mentoring. The certification track is not time based, but typically occurs over a 9-12 month period (which can occur online) and observation, critique and support are provided to be able to successfully pass the required evaluations, examinations, written and observed review of client sessions and case studies. Included within certification is skill based outcomes for working effectively with a wide variety of client conditions, professional ethics and risk management and much more.
The terms "Certification" and "Accreditation" refer to the process by which practitioners, first learn EFT from their Trainer and Mentor and the trainer assesses that they have reached the standard required to start to practice safely and effectively (certification), and then secondly become accredited by EFT International/AAMET (accreditation).
There are several tracks of Accredited Certification that are offered:
- Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner
- Accredited Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner
- Accredited Certified EFT Master Trainer
What People are Saying Who Have Trained at the EFT Tapping Training Institute
Becoming a Certified EFT Practitioner has significantly enhanced my work as a Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor. Without completing the certification process I could not effectively nor ethically offer EFT to my clients. EFT certification is a “must have” for any licensed or certified helping professional. Without it, both client and professional are at risk for a less-than-the-best experience and outcome." Rochel Murnighan, MA, LISAC, Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
Mentorship with Alina gave me excellent training in EFT techniques as well as skill in working with a variety of clients and issues. In addition to one-on-one sessions, the online Monthly Mentoring Group meetings gave us mentees an opportunity to ask questions of both Craig and Alina in a warm, supportive community. Their integrity and genuine concern for my success was evident throughout. I couldn’t be happier with my Certification journey!" Carol L. Shirley Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner
Alina and Craig are amazing trainers/mentors for me. Their gentle and safe manner gives their mentees a sense of acceptance and a great model to follow." Jan Foster, Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner
The training was excellent. There was clear instruction mixed with actual practice. There were algorithms that I could hang onto. I recommend this program for anyone wanting to learn this and have a legitimate practice and certification. I am proud of this training." Leslie Cole, MD Certified in addiction medicine and internal medicine
I have been teaching and studying EFT since 1996. I learned valuable updates in tapping and dropped old habits that were not helpful. No matter how long you have used or studied EFT you MUST study with Craig Weiner and Alina Frank to refine your EFT skills. They are master instructors in every sense." Joan Kaylor, LCSW
I have completed my EFT training with Alina and Craig and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I went to the training specifically to become more skilled at EFT and to find out more about getting certified. I could not have asked for a more professional, yet relaxed experience. It was an honor to be taught by such masterful, knowledgeable, experienced, down-to-Earth people. I feel as though I met some wonderful souls and that because of this training and experience that I am on the right path, with the right people, to becoming certified in EFT. Thank you Alina and Craig for sharing your talents, and love of EFT, with us all." Deneen Schreiner, EFT practitioner in training
While searching for the EFT certification teacher and mentor that would suit my style of learning, I kept being drawn to Craig. I reached out to him and registered for the certification/mentoring program he runs with Alina Frank. Not only did my skills as an EFT practitioner increase, the personal growth I experienced being in their EFT community was like nothing I ever experience before. They are both extremely knowledgeable, supportive, professional, inspiring and by being mentored by one of them, you get the bonus of hearing a different perspective from the other during the monthly mentoring calls." Carol Richard Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, Prince Edwards Island, Canada
Levels of Practitioner EFT Certification
Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner (first level of certification)
EFT Tapping Training Institute Certification as required for AAMET accreditation status
After completing an AAMET Level 2 course, EFT students have the option of pursuing EFT Practitioner Certification. In addition to completion of the Levels 1 and 2 training courses, AAMET requires an intensive mentoring and assessment process for accreditation post-certification. To achieve the level of AAMET Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, students must successfully complete the following minimum competency requirements:
- Pass the online multiple-choice Practitioner Exam via the AAMET International website. A Practitioner-Candidate (or “Candidate”) must be an AAMET member to access the exam and generally joins as an EFT Student member at this time
- Receive 6 hours mentoring with any AAMET Master Trainer (in the role of Mentor). Mentoring can be conducted in-person, over the phone, via Skype, or via webinar.
- Submit to Trainer / Mentor a minimum of 3 case studies: 2 Written multi-session Client Case Studies (on separate individuals) and 1 Personal Case Study. Case studies must demonstrate competent, professional, and individualized* application of foundational EFT skills acquired during EFT Levels 1 and 2 training and post-training practice and experience. *See 2016 EFT Case Study Guidance Manual for further details
- Provide an in-person OR audio OR video demonstration of an EFT session, and discuss this session with their Mentor.
- Complete a minimum of 50 EFT sessions (or “practice hours”) working with at least 20 different individuals. Each EFT session must be a minimum of 45-minutes in length.
- Complete any additional, discretionary requirements as outlined by the AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor during the certification process (SEE BELOW for requirements for Alina and Craig as mentors). Mentors may require additional client sessions / practice hours, 1-to-1 mentoring meetings or case studies as needed to complete their assessment Once the Candidate has completed all of the requirements and the Mentor is confident that Candidate has met the competencies and standards for Practitioner Level set by AAMET, Mentor will inform the AAMET Membership Secretary that all requirements have been met. The Membership Secretary will then invite the Candidate (via email) to upgrade their membership on AAMET.org from EFT Student to Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner.
- To maintain AAMET Accredited, Certified EFT Practitioner status, members must fulfill annual CPD and post-certification mentoring requirements. CPD (Continuous Professional Development) is 30 hours of EFT-related study (i.e. videos, workshops, books, audio presentations, etc.).
- Post-certification Mentoring is 6 hours annual mentoring (individual or group of 8 or less) with an AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor or Approved Mentor (a Certified, Advanced EFT Practitioner who has been approved by AAMET to offer annual Mentoring).
Advanced Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner (second level of certification)
It is required that you wait one full year between receiving your first and second level of certification. The requirements for advanced certification status include attendance of a level 3 workshop, an online level 3 competency exam, one live session evaluated by your mentoring supervisor, along with one personal case study, and two multiple-session case studies. You will also need to complete 6 one on one mentoring sessions as above with your mentor.
Post Certification Continued AAMET Accreditation for ALL LEVELS of certification: Each year you are required to keep your advanced status active in AAMET by keeping record of 30 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) in the field as well as completing 6 hours with a supervising mentor (can be done with several different mentors) either one on one or in a group with less than 8 other.
Trainer Level Status
We accept a select number of advanced practitioners each year who qualify and are interested in attaining master trainer status. Please click here to fill out a short application so we schedule a video conference to discuss our training trainers program in detail.
Mentoring for Certification with Alina Frank or Craig Weiner and the EFT Tapping Training Institute
Craig Weiner and Alina Frank are currently accepting new mentees desiring certification. They offer a depth of experience as EFT practitioners, trainers, EFT and business mentors. In addition to providing the required 1:1 mentoring sessions, they also provide as a service to their mentees a private online forum for facilitating swap sessions, answering questions and addressing and concerns, as an avenue to continue the development of your EFT skills.
As mentors, beyond the above stated requirements, we additionally require:
- The review and signing of the Tap Your Power, LLC mentoring agreement form with payment of $1200 US.
- Completion of the Tapping out of Trauma training, offered online twice per year in Spring and Fall. Cost: $399
- A minimum of 12 hours of personal tapping work, 6 hours of which must be completed with an approved (by Craig and Alina) certified and accredited EFT practitioner (with approved certified practitioner cost: $510)
- Taking the online Risk Management course, passing the examination and receiving a Certificate of Completion created by Midge Murphy. cost $125
Included within the costs of mentoring are the following:
- Six 1:1 private mentoring hours
- Unlimited email communication
- Review of all 50 submitted session notes
- Review of personal case study, 2 written case studies and video recording of session
- During mentoring, Unlimited Free access to repeating live/Zoom any level 1 and 2 EFT trainings
- Access to Craig and Alina's feedback and to all resources in a private/secret Facebook group
- Monthly live Zoom training calls (1st Wed of each month 8 am Pacific) and all previously recorded training calls
If you wish for either Alina or Craig to be your mentor, please fill out the contact forms below and indicate who you wish to be your mentor or no preference. We require a 30 minute phone call to discuss expectations and to go over our mentoring contract including fees and guidelines.
Request for Mentoring with Alina
Please fill out and submit this form. Please note that at this time we only accept those we've trained.
Request for Mentoring with Craig
Please fill out and submit this form. Please note that at this time we only accept those we've trained.