“Safety First” When Tapping with Trauma
With Ann Adams
The most important question for an EFT practitioner should always be: How can I make my client feel even safer. In this this free Tapping out of Trauma webinar we interviewed Ann Adams, LCSW. She has over 40 years of experience as a clinical social worker. She has supervised dozens of therapists and staffed thousands of client cases while working in the mental health field. She worked closely with Gary Craig, EFT’s founder, in several EFT projects including serving as the Director of the former EFT Masters Program and was the first American to receive the Training of Trainers certification from EFT International. She co-authored three of the most trusted EFT training course books: the EFT Level 1,2 and 3 Comprehensive Training Resource texts.
By listening to this webinar you will learn:
- Why client safety is such a critical element for the healing of traumatic events and memories and what exactly is meant by client safety.
- What are specific elements that can be taken into consideration by a tapping practitioner to increase a client’s sense of feeling safe; practical elements re space/environment to skill-based attention to details.
- What are considerations to be made for practitioner safety.
- What specific things can cause a Lack of Safety in a session for both client and practitioner.
- How mindfulness and skillful observation makes a difference.
- What are the most essential elements for quickly building or breaking rapport with a client.
- What are the not so obvious signs that a client is signaling a break in rapport.
- How to recognize and how to handle when vicarious trauma is affecting you as the practitioner.