Levels of Practitioner Certification
Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner (first level of certification)
EFT Tapping Training Institute Certification as required for AAMET accreditation status
Becoming a Certified EFT Practitioner has significantly enhanced my work as a Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor. Without completing the certification process under Alina’s Mentorship, I could not effectively nor ethically offer EFT to my clients. EFT certification is a “must have” for any licensed or certified helping professional. Without it, both client and professional are at risk for a less-than-the-best experience and outcome.” Rochel Murnighan, MA, LISAC, Certified EFT Practitioner, Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
Alina and Craig are amazing mentors for me. Their gentle and safe manner gives their mentees a sense of acceptance and a great model to follow.” Jan Foster, Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner
After completing an AAMET Level 2 course, EFT students have the option of pursuing EFT Practitioner Certification. In addition to completion of the Levels 1 and 2 training courses, AAMET requires an intensive mentoring and assessment process for accreditation post-certification. To achieve the level of AAMET Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner, students must successfully complete the following minimum competency requirements:
- Pass the online multiple-choice Practitioner Exam via the AAMET International website. A Practitioner-Candidate (or “Candidate”) must be an AAMET member to access the exam and generally joins as an EFT Student member at this time
- Receive 6 hours mentoring (either 1-to-1 or in a group of 8 or less) with any AAMET Master Trainer (in the role of Mentor). Mentoring can be conducted in-person, over the phone, via Skype, or via webinar.
- Submit to Trainer / Mentor a minimum of 4 case studies: 3 Client Case Studies (on separate individuals) and 1 Personal Case Study. Case studies must demonstrate competent, professional, and individualized* application of foundational EFT skills acquired during EFT Levels 1 and 2 training and post-training practice and experience. *See 2016 EFT Case Study Guidance Manual for further details
- Provide an in-person OR audio OR video demonstration of an EFT session, and discuss this session with their Mentor. This demonstration (and discussion) will count as one Client Case Study
- Complete a minimum of 50 EFT sessions (or “practice hours”) working with at least 20 different individuals. Each EFT session must be a minimum of 45-minutes in length.
- Complete any additional, discretionary requirements as outlined by the AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor during the certification process (SEE BELOW for requirements for Alina and Craig as mentors). Mentors may require additional client sessions / practice hours, 1-to-1 mentoring meetings or case studies as needed to complete their assessment Once the Candidate has completed all of the requirements and the Mentor is confident that Candidate has met the competencies and standards for Practitioner Level set by AAMET, Mentor will inform the AAMET Membership Secretary that all requirements have been met. The Membership Secretary will then invite the Candidate (via email) to upgrade their membership on AAMET.org from EFT Student to Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner. To maintain AAMET Accredited, Certified EFT Practitioner status, members must fulfill annual CPD and post-certification mentoring requirements. CPD (Continuous Professional Development) is 30 hours of EFT-related study (i.e. videos, workshops, books, audio presentations, etc.). Post-certification Mentoring is 6 hours annual mentoring (individual or group of 8 or less) with an AAMET Master Trainer / Mentor or Approved Mentor (a Certified, Advanced EFT Practitioner who has been approved by AAMET to offer annual Mentoring).
Mentoring for Certification with Alina Frank or Craig Weiner and and the EFT Tapping Training Institute
Craig Weiner is currently accepting new mentees desiring certification. They offer a depth of experience as EFT practitioners, trainers, EFT and business mentors. In addition to providing the required 1:1 mentoring sessions, they also provide as a service to their mentees a private online forum for facilitating swap sessions, answering questions and addressing and concerns, as an avenue to continue the development of your EFT skills.
As mentors we require a minimum of 6 one on one hour-long Skype or phone calls that will cover:
- Clarification of concepts taught in the workshops to prepare you for passing the online test
- Post-test review (test must be taken before the second mentoring session)
- Procrastination if it becomes an issue for you
- Cases and exploration of ideal case studies
- Review of case studies
- Practice ethics review
In addition to the above stated AAMET requirements, as mentors we require attendance in the Tapping Out of Trauma online course for learning critical practice trauma safety skills.
If you wish for either Alina or Craig to be your mentor, please fill out the contact form below and indicate who you wish to be your mentor or no preference. We require a 30 minute phone call to discuss expectations and to go over our mentoring contract including fees and guidelines.
Advanced Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner (second level of certification)
It is required that you wait one full year between receiving your first and second level of certification. The requirements for advanced certification status include attendance of a level 3 workshop, an online level 3 competency exam, one live session evaluated by your mentoring supervisor, along with one personal case study, and two multiple-session case studies. You will also need to complete 6 one on one mentoring sessions as above with your mentor.
Each year you are required to keep your advanced status active in AAMET by keeping record of 30 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) in the field as well as completing 6 hours with a supervising mentor (can be done with several different mentors) either one on one or in a group with less than 8 other.
Trainer Level Status
We accept a few advanced practitioners each year who would like to attain trainer status. Please click here to fill out a short application so we schedule a video conference to discuss our training trainers program in detail.